Join now - be part of our community!

Terrible battery life stats make no sense

SOLVED
Scalextrix
Visitor

Terrible battery life stats make no sense

Bought my girlfriend the Z4 wifi and shecis pretty disappointed, she used the devide for 50mins this morning and the battery went from 100% to 82%. The Z4 reports 32% screen, 9% the app she was using, 3% Android. That = 52%. Whats using the other 48%?
Approx 5 hour use time is unacceptable.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

@Scalextrix Can you try something please? Download this app which seems to be recording accurately what has been draining the battery.

Problem is with android that you can't really see everything that has been draining with the stats available in settings, not a sony problem:

https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=80131

alexdon

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Scalextrix
Visitor

Sorry my maths went a bit off track there the battery usage is 32% screen 9% on the app and 3% on android, something hidden is using 56% of the battery.
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Can you take some screenshots and post them here? You should know that from the 18%, the screen consumed 32% and so on.

Also if the device is new, you might see an improvement after using it for some time. 

alexdon
Scalextrix
Visitor

Why will it improve after some time? The stats are changing all the time, I noticed the screen now has a much higher percentage
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Because it has to learn your usage pattern, especially if you have stamina enabled.

Of course the screen is the biggest battery eater, just think how large the display is.

alexdon
Scalextrix
Visitor

Thats the point the battery had only consumed 32% so ints not the biggest battery consumer....
profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

I am sorry but I don't think we understand each other here. Can you post a screenshot so we can assist better?

alexdon
Scalextrix
Visitor

So as you see here the predicted life is just over 4 hours, the screen was using 56%, the app 9%, so what is eating up the other 35%.....?

20151228_173816.jpg

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

This is a little strange, however there are things that drained most of the battery and summed up it is only 65%. So 65 from 16 is screen+that game. @uliwooly any input?

alexdon
Scalextrix
Visitor

Sorry cant follow your reply