Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z Tablet SGP311 won't start after failed Lollipop update

SOLVED
Ian_S
Visitor

Sony Xperia Z Tablet SGP311 won't start after failed Lollipop update

I cannot get my Sony Xperia Z table SGP311 to start after I allowed it to update with Android Lollipop.

Every time I have the device over the past week I was getting notifications to update. I finally accepted. (I wish I hadn't).

After the update notified me that it was unsuccessfil, I have the following situation:

If I plug in the charger, the indicator light will come on red, and screen will briefly display a charging icon. If I then unplug charger, the red light will go off.

From an 'off' state, charger not plugged in, if I press the Power button until the indicator light blinks blue once, the screen will appear with:

SONY

XPERIA

and then goes back to a blank screen. It will repeat this every 30 seconds.

If I turn off the device by holding Vol+ and the Power button simultaneously and wait for the indicator light to flash 3 times, charger /PC not plugged in (Let me call this state "OFF" for short), and then:

1. From OFF, then try turning on with Vol+ and Power button simultaneously: nothing will happen.

2. From OFF, go to PC Companion on my desktop PC, Support Zone > Phone/Tablet Software Update > Connect: nothing will happen.

3. From OFF, go to PC Companion > Support zone  > Phone/Tablet Software Update > Repair my phone/tablet > Another phone/tablet > select SGP311 > hold Vol- while inserting USB cable from PC, blue inicator light will come on, update process will begin, then terminate with "device update error", so "Retry', but this terminates with "download error", and  "check your internet connection". But there is nothing wrong with my internet connection!

Any more ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Rickard
Master

I'm very glad to hear that the issue is solved Slightly_smiling_Face

Ian_S
Visitor

Yes indeed. Thank you all.