Join now - be part of our community!

Repairs under warranty

SOLVED
comrade_nikolai
Explorer

Repairs under warranty

Hey all,

On having a problem with my tablet (xperia tablet Z), I sent it off to sony central to be repaired. The sending appeared to go smoothly and I received a text on the day it was recieved (6th jan 2014) and a letter slightly later explaining that the expected turnaround time was 5 days. I was hoping to take it on holiday with me, and this would have fit our timetable of leaving on the 19th. My holiday came and went, but the week before leaving I contacted Sony and inquired about the repair status, and they informed me it wasn't quite ready yet but was being tested.

Having returned from holiday (week starting 27th), with no emails or "while you were out" cards from Royal Mail, I once again contacted Sony and was informed that my tablet was actually being replaced, and that they were waiting for the new one to be delivered. Since then I have been phoning and contacting weekly to try to determine when this would be however have consistently being told that "it'll get here when it gets here". At this point, it would literally have been quicker to get a refund and order a replacement tablet from amazon...

I've come to rely on my tablet quite a lot for work, and its been quite disruptive not having it here, so my questions are twofold:

1. has anyone else had a similar problem?

2. is there any way I could speed up the process of having a replacement tablet delivered?

its been 6 weeks now, when the original estimate was just one, and as far as I can tell the other 5 weeks have been waiting for a replacement tablet to be delivered to the repair centre.

thanks

Nik

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@comrade_nikola hopefully you should have received your replacement Tablet now..:smileyhappy:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
comrade_nikolai
Explorer

I rang the repair centre again today and the staff were very rude, almost as if it was my fault that I felt the need to chase up a repair that was delayed by 5 weeks.

Can I escalate this in some way?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Nik,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

Can you post your case number.?

I'll forward your comments onto one of my contact who may hopefully be able help, if I get a reply I will update this thread..
comrade_nikolai
Explorer

Hey,

its 526529, thanks for the help.
Nik
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Thanks Nik..
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@comrade_nikolai my contact has been informend that this has been resolved can you confirm this is correct please..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@comrade_nikola hopefully you should have received your replacement Tablet now..:smileyhappy:

comrade_nikolai
Explorer

Yes, received this week, thanks very much for the help.
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

You're welcome, glad I was able to help..:smileyhappy: