Join now - be part of our community!

Connect z4 to a video projector (was: Connect z4 to a beamer)

SOLVED
ddeimeke
Visitor

Connect z4 to a video projector (was: Connect z4 to a beamer)

Hi!

I like that tablet very much, the only thing that I am not able to achieve is to connect the tablet to a beamer.

This the device does not habe an appropiate interface, do you know about any possibilites to connect it to a beamer?

Thanks for any advice

Dirk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
CameronT
Champion

@ddeimeke,

If your projector supports HDMI you can use an MHL cable to connect the 2 together.

I'm not aware of any VGA adapters, at least none made by Sony Mobile. If something like this exists it would be a third party product.

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

@ddeimeke

what are you trying to do?

CameronT
Champion

Hi @ddeimeke,

Do you mean you're trying to connect it to a BMW car audio system?

ddeimeke
Visitor

Hi!

Ah, I understand. Sorry for the confusion, "beamer" seems to be a Germish word (mixture between German and English).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beamer

What I ment, I want to connect to a Video projector.

Sorry again

Dirk

CameronT
Champion

@ddeimeke, It would depend on what the projector supports. Is there any kind of HDMI Input or some sort of WiFi/bluetooth connectivity?

Unfortunately I will be of limited assistance when it comes to a non-Sony Mobile product. Slightly_frowning_Face

ddeimeke
Visitor

Hi,

it depends.

You have a cable to plugin into your computer, mostly VGA bot now mini-displayport and HDMI cables begin to get common.

No direct access to the projector and no possibilities to reach it wirelessly.

Cheers

Dirk

CameronT
Champion

@ddeimeke,

If your projector supports HDMI you can use an MHL cable to connect the 2 together.

I'm not aware of any VGA adapters, at least none made by Sony Mobile. If something like this exists it would be a third party product.

ddeimeke
Visitor

@CameronT

Brillant, this is exactly what I was searching.

You are speaking about something like this one - http://www.sonymobile.com/ch-de/products/accessories/mhl-to-hdmi-adapter-im750/specifications/#tabs - right? I don't see the Z4 tablet in the list of comatible devices at the bottom.

Thanks a lot for your support.

Dirk

CameronT
Champion

@ddeimeke, yes, that's what I'm referring to. I am not sure if it is compatible with the Z4 Tablet, though it should be. Let me know if this works out for you. Slightly_smiling_Face

ddeimeke
Visitor

Hi @CameronT

I am pretty astonished that there is no officicially supported accessory for doing that.

And I am astonished as well that I am not able to buy it from Sony in Switzerland, because the Swiss Sony shop does not offer the adapter.

I found o a possibility on amazon.com which offers the adapter from two shops, one from China and one from Japan.

Honestly, I will not try a not supported solution for 150 USD with no possibilty to send it back toll free.

Thanks for your support again, but this will not work for me.

Regards

Dirk