Who Me Too'd this topic

profile.country.GB.title
manjitnotay
Explorer

AG9 55 Fault

Hello, I wanted to share my experience and perhaps get some advice... 

I recently purchased the new OLED AG9 55 2 weeks ago (from a very reputable shop) and was very happy with the purchase, however yesterday as I went to power on the TV, it immediately powered it-self off and the red power light blinks 4 times.

I have tried a soft reset; where I unplug all the cables, leave for 5 minutes and then only plug in the power cord and tried again. this time I noticed the TV comes on for a few seconds and then I see 4-5 thin white horizontal lines on the bottom of the screen and it immediately powers off as above with blinking red power light. 

After some research I tried a hard reset where you hold the volume down and and power button, the light goes green and it tries to start, this time I see the Sony logo, and then the android logo, and again - as before white horizontal lines and it powers off and I get the 4 red blinks.

I tried this procedure about 3 times with no joy.

The TV has been used very lightly, we have been very careful with it and so don't understand how this 2 week old TV can be faulty?

The retailer has agreed to replace the TV but I just wanted to find out what may have caused this - or have I just been unlucky with this otherwise superb TV.

any thoughts would be much appreciated. 

thanks,

M

Who Me Too'd this topic