Who Me Too'd this solution

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi BuffaloMatt

All I can suggest is to borrow a Windows 7 Installation Disc, install this on your Vaio and pray that when you phone Microsoft, they will allow activation using the product key you have. You can then install the Drivers and Utility programs from Sony Support here:-

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCEH1J1E

Unfortunately, this will rely on the goodwill of the Microsoft operative as you have a product key for the OEM Sony version of Windows 7 and you are not strictly entitled to install a full retail copy of the OS.

The alternative is to buy a replacement Recovery Disc Set for about £35. This would not work if you have changed the HDD for a larger, Advanced Format HDD as these newer drives are not compatible with the Recovery Media.

The advantage of the first option is the lesser cost and also the freedom to install a 64-bit version of Windows 7.

Your Intel Dual-Core Pentium B940 processor has 64-bit support but it is an entry-level processor with onboard Graphics but has all the enhancements disabled. Features like Turbo Boost for the CPU part, HyperThreading, AES, Virtualization (VT-x and VT-d), Trusted Execution or Intel Quick Sync are deactivated.

:wink:

View solution in original post

Who Me Too'd this solution