Join now - be part of our community!

When do Walkman (NW-55L) files complete transferring from PC via Content Transfer?

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

When do Walkman (NW-55L) files complete transferring from PC via Content Transfer?

Hi

I have transfer edhundreds of files from my Mac to the Walkman over recent weeks.  However I am now having problems and asking questions of myself - see yesterday's query.

So....  When do I know that (music) files have stopped transferring to my Walkman onto an SD Card (it has lots of capacity to fill!), so  that I can 'Turn off USB Mass Storage'?  The list of tracks on the SD Card on the computer screen shows the files as been transferred, plus there is a 'Done' on the Content Transfer box on the computer screen. But still nothing on my Walkman!  There appears to be a green light in the diagram of the transfer on the screen, do I have to wait for that to disappear or go red???

Roger

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Roger,

Do you have organized the music files in folders?

Please note that there's a maximum number of 20.000 files that can be managed by the Walkman:
https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342894.html

Are the music files stored in a compatible format?

https://helpguide.sony.net/dmp/nwa50/v1/en/contents/TP0002342895.html

Cheers
Peter

profile.country.GB.title
wolfiewolfie
Explorer

Hi 

This is nice, I am replying to myself but it may be of use to one of you!

At the end of my tether I looked to see if I could reset or reformat the database of tracks on my SD card.  I went into Device settings scrolled down to Reset/Format and clicked on Rebuild Database.  This has done the trick and the tracks that appeared on the SD Card list on the Mac are now on the Walkman itself and ready for play.  Excellent.  

I have also checked that transfer of tracks from iTunes on the Mac to the SD Card are playable on the Walkman are ok.  So there you go.

Roger