Join now - be part of our community!

WH-1000XM3 headphones - charging cable

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
miclark90
New

WH-1000XM3 headphones - charging cable

My first post.

I received the excellent 1000XM3 noise cancelling headphones from Santa - only one gripe, the charging cable is far too short at 235mm length. Why Sony don't include a more user friendly length is puzzling - but that's a separate issue.

Sony have a UCB20 charging cable, and a UCB30 charging and data transfer cable which have the type C connector required. These are listed for Xperia mobile 'phones - just wondered if either were suitable as a charging cable for headphones ?

I have reservations about third party products - don't want to damage the headphones or compromise the warranty.

Expert guidance please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
miclark90
New

Thanks Nic.

Plenty of third party type C cables in discount stores, cheap as chips !!!

I spotted Sony UCB20 and UCB30 cables for not much more - reckoned it might just be worth the odd pound or two extra - I don't want to potentially compromise the warranty by using a "Del Boy" item of dubious quality.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @miclark90,

I never charged them with the original USB-C cable.

Just get any USB-C cable you like - I personally really like the cables from the brand "Anker".

- Nic

profile.country.GB.title
miclark90
New

Thanks Nic.

Plenty of third party type C cables in discount stores, cheap as chips !!!

I spotted Sony UCB20 and UCB30 cables for not much more - reckoned it might just be worth the odd pound or two extra - I don't want to potentially compromise the warranty by using a "Del Boy" item of dubious quality.

profile.country.DE.title
IamNic
Expert

Hello @miclark90,

I have never heard of anyone breaking their Sony headphones with a "bad" or "cheap" cable.

Electronics have to go trough certain certifications before being sold in a country. So all should be good, definetly the more expensive brand product like the Anker branded ones I recommended in my last comment.

- Nic