Join now - be part of our community!

Sound quality compared on Xperia 1ii to NWA55?

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Sound quality compared on Xperia 1ii to NWA55?

Hi is anyone able to compare the sound quality is between the Xperia 1ii and the NWA55? Is there any real difference? Could the NWA just be identical to the smartphone minus all the phone stuff?

The Xperia 1ii, its a nice enough phone but the sound quality with headphones isn't too my taste. I own an old NWZ a829 which blows the smartphone out the water, but it's limited in other ways too, not least the battery is almost done. Can't understand how a 10 year old mp3 player can sound so much better.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
RottenFoxBreath
Enthusiast

Your problem for one, is the reliance on Androids own audio engine, which most software uses, which frankly is *****e, for lack of a better word.

For Android, best off using something with its own audio engine, like Poweramp, or Neutron.

Then the field becomes more even.

Also depends on which headphones you use, etc, music level of quality, etc, etc, etc..

Also, the individual players like the NWA-55 use their own tuned software and hardware, so not a generic across the board audio engine like Android.

profile.country.GB.title
roninxg

Cheers for info, unfortunately Ive already tried installing the Full version of poweramp, I also have Sony Music Center too. For headphones Ive got a pair of Seinnheiser and a pair of RHA, both wired and over £150 each, they sound great on the old NWZ and through the Sony TV, but everything off the phone is muffled/flat, its so disappointing.

I do find Amazon Music can sound a bit better, but I think i might just be imagining that lol.

profile.country.GB.title
Sonyvores
Contributor

it's not comparable. A55 will blow off xperia.