Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDR-1000x Charger

SOLVED
Dom1980
New

Sony MDR-1000x Charger

So I recently purchased the Sony MDR 1000x after reading reviews. Got them home, everything is fine until I've come to charge them today. In the box was everything that was described, except the charger lead that plugs into the headphones has an iPhone 7 style fitting (plugs perfectly into my iPhone) and the headphones have a blackberry style fitting, so in short I can't charge them with the cable supplied in the box, by Sony!

The box was new and sealed, so I'm at a total loss how this has happened? Luckily I own a works blackberry, and am able to charge them through this, but putting a cable with entirely the wrong connection to fit the headphones seems bizarre.

has anybody else had this issue or am I missing something?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dom1980
New

Ahem, 

I've just realised that I placed the cable in my cable drawer, and I'd pulled out an identical cable for a pair of in ear headphones I own, so turns out I have indeed got the right cable. I just forgot I had another pair of headphones with a similar cable and  pulled the wrong one out of the drawer.

Lost about an hour of my day just sat there, so confused!! Its been a long day ....... 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Hi @Dom1980 and welcome to the Community :slight_smile:

No that doesn't sound right at all :wink:

Where were they purchased from?

Dom1980
New

Ahem, 

I've just realised that I placed the cable in my cable drawer, and I'd pulled out an identical cable for a pair of in ear headphones I own, so turns out I have indeed got the right cable. I just forgot I had another pair of headphones with a similar cable and  pulled the wrong one out of the drawer.

Lost about an hour of my day just sat there, so confused!! Its been a long day ....... 

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

ROFL :joy:

No problem, just glad that there wasn't a rogue Apple

operative swapping leads in the factories. :grin:

Thanks for letting us know :slight_smile:

( I do apologise but I'm going to have to mark your last post as the Solution too :grin: )