Join now - be part of our community!

MDR-1000 broken bracket

profile.country.GB.title
alessandro.demarco
Explorer

MDR-1000 broken bracket

Dear support,

Three years ago I bought the MDR-1000X headphones and up until a few months ago I never had any issues.

A couple of months ago I noticed the headphones to be a bit loosen when I expanded it to place it in my ears. After closer inspections, I noticed a crack on the right side of the bracket.

The headphones have been treated immaculately and they still look as new, which made me wonder what might have caused the crack. After some research, I found this to be a known issue specific to this type of model (as several people here in this community have reported it). It appears to be a manufacturing issue.

The headphones have been out of warranty, but I would like to know if there is anything that can be done to repair them.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Alessandro

IMG_4081.jpgIMG_7620.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Alessandro,

You can send them to an authorized repair centre to fix this issue.

Cheers

Peter

elari13
New

And act quick, I bought 3 years and a month ago 1000XM2. About year ago, I found similar crack in my headphones, but hey, it is just a crack, right? Today I found out that was a mistake. 

20201019_143432.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
alessandro.demarco
Explorer

I am going to take it to an authorised service and see if they can repair it for free.

After all, It appears to be a well known manufacture issue for this specific model

profile.country.GB.title
alessandro.demarco
Explorer

Hi Peter,

will they repair it for free as far as you know? considering it is a known issue to them and most likely a manufacture issue?

Alessandro

profile.country.DE.title
Peter_S.
Genius

Hi Alessandro,

No, I don't think they will repair it for free. But please feel free to check back with the Sony support hotline.

Cheers

Peter