Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting MDR-XB950BT

profile.country.GB.title
Ninty55
Explorer

Connecting MDR-XB950BT

Is there anyway of connecting the 950bt's by bluetooth to windows 10? They dont appear on my bluetooth device list and I cant use them via aux cord because then i dont have the ability to use the mic too

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi @Ninty55 and welcome to the community,

I'm just looking into this for you and will come back to you shortly (unless another member of the community beats me to it of course!).

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

Hi again @Ninty55,

I've checked and your headphones are compatible with Windows 10.  To connect them via Bluetooth, you will need to make sure you have entered them into pairing mode.  You do this by turning on the headphones, and then pressing and holding the power button for 2-3 seconds.  After you release the button, the indicator light should flash blue and red alternately, and it's at this point that you should see the headphones appear on your Windows machine. (You can read the full instructions in the Help Guide here).

Windows machines are usually set up to send or receive files via Bluetooth (rather than audio).  So you might also need to go into the Bluetooth settings and select 'Bleutooth Audio'.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,

Cass

profile.country.GB.title
Ninty55
Explorer

Still cant connect, pc sees all other bluetooth devices but the headphones.

profile.country.GB.title
cass_n
Community Team

In that case, I think it would be worth getting in touch with Support so that they can assist you further with this (details here).

Thanks,
Cass