Join now - be part of our community!

viao registered but not recognised

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
richie12
New

viao registered but not recognised

I have a sony viao VPCJ12MOE, my viao is registered with sony but when I try to down load updates I get a window saying the product is not recognised can someone give advice ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
richie12
New

Hi Thalamus, sorry for not getting back sooner, yes I got a email from sony but I,ve overcome the problem by restoring back to factory settings and then restoring from my backup. This has resolved the problem. I would like to thank you for all your advice again many thanks for your help.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi richie12,

welcome to Questions & Answers..:smileyhappy:

Are you trying to download the updates directly from the Vaio support site or via the Vaio update application..:smileyconfused:

You can access the download available for your Vaio using the following link - Downloads for VPCJ12M0E/B

If you are trying to locate your vaio model on the support site then it could be that you have miss typed your vaio model - Your Vaio model is a VPCJ12M0E not a VPC12MOE..:smileywink:

richie12
New

Thank you Thalamus, Ive followed your advice problem still there. Ive noticed in programmes I have no vaio update folder also in the bottom right of the screen when I click the update icon a window opens " could not aquire information" then another window opens "your vaio has not been recognised" any ideas thanks

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi again,
if you click on Start, then All Programs you should see Vaio update listed towards the top of the list.?

If you have a Vaio update icon in bottom right of your screen..

Right click on the icon..
Then click version Information..
Is your Vaio model & serial number correctly listed.?
Can you also confirm what version of Vaio update is shown in that window please.?

Have you been able to download & install any updates by doing the following.?

You can access the download available for your Vaio using the following link - Downloads for VPCJ12M0E/B

richie12
New

Thanks Thalamus, tried 1st suggestion no vaio update listed. Vaio model and serial number match,

update version 5.6.1002150, Ive looked at downloads but not sure which ones to use tere was quite a lot.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi,

have you tried downloading & installing this update - Link - VAIO Update

Click on the Vaio update link & follow the instructions..

richie12
New

Hi Thalamus, I went through the full procedure you recommended. when app tried to download updates same prod window opens "unable to aquire information" then another window opens "your Vaio has not been recognised" then directs me to vaio support ?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Richie12,

I believe Vaio support have sent you an email on the 7/2/13 regarding your problems, can you confirm receipt please.?

richie12
New

Hi Thalamus, sorry for not getting back sooner, yes I got a email from sony but I,ve overcome the problem by restoring back to factory settings and then restoring from my backup. This has resolved the problem. I would like to thank you for all your advice again many thanks for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Richie12,

Thanks for the update and I am glad to read that have manger to resolve your Vaio care problem..