Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio update corrupted!!!!!

JohnJL
Visitor

Vaio update corrupted!!!!!

Well, yesterday I was reinstall my system, installed the newest Kaspersky Internet Security 7.0, made windows update so today it was time for Sony update. OK, usually I don't use Vaio Media or media server, so I was updated files like Vaio Update and I was moving to the Sonic Stage when problems started. First it want to install, when I tried few times he accepted but than started tricky part. My Kaspersky started to be creazy so he give me warning like for the virus but it was not virus but Trojan in the next update file

SonicStage 4.3.01.14050a 20/11/2007 87.51 MB

More correctly in this file

OpenMG\LPTemp\OMGLP-07-14-05-01\setup.exe

Now shell we belive to Sony or to Kaspersky? All complains how this is not trojan or some other bullshits must be send to Kaspersky. I know that I stoped setup of the Sonic Stage 4.3, removed corupted file with KASPERSKY from quarantine and cleaned temp reg files

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Try the updates manually...

JohnJL
Visitor

What you mean by that? No, manualy or not, that file have trojan inside so I don't know what will be different if I change way of the download?

Actually only few files of the Sony update are automatic, this file is not and first I must download that file and after that install that file. So I suppose that is manual not automatic update. Also I don't have intention anymore to install that file, becouase it is corrupted. Corrupted file is NOT ON MY VAIO BUT ON SONY SERVER. My Internet Security block him before he was installed on my VAIO, so I don't have a problem but problem is with Sonic Stage 4.3 on SONY SERVER, not with my Vaio laptop.

profile.country.pt_PT.title
V57...
Contributor

Which is the model?