Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Flip SVF14N1C5E touch screen problem

bruceygoosey
Explorer

Vaio Flip SVF14N1C5E touch screen problem

Since upgrading to 8.1 the touch screen stops working after a few minutes. Have to restart to get it back. Have seen on Sony US community similar problems and that a BIOS update is the fix that Sony US have released. Are we going to get the same update for the UK/Europe? Need a fix very soon or the laptop is going back!

Thanks,

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi bruceygoosey and welcome.

I understand BIOS Update R0220DD addresses this issue.

It is already on the download website for manual download for your model - look under "Latest Downloads -> Windows 8 -> BIOS Update - R0220DD"

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/SVF14N1C5E/updates

It should also be offered automatically through Vaio Update.

This update also addresses the Fan Noise issue but a further BIOS Update  R0240DD will be coming very soon to further improve Fan Speed Control.

:wink:

bruceygoosey
Explorer

Found it and will install. Took me a moment to find as was looking under Windows 8.1 updates not Wiindow 8 as this issue is once you have upgraded to 8.1

Many thanks for responding.

omid.p

The update didnt work for me  . mine is SVF15N1C5E and i have already updated every single driver but  still have the problem .:(

sgdavies

:smileyshocked:yes that BIOS update didnt work for me neither.... humbug!!! 

Nepster1
Explorer

I have the sas this laptop is great but it has some bad problems sony please fix this

sgdavies

I have tried to communicate with sony support until i am blue in the face, they are useless, i have given up speaking with them. Considering a clean 8.1 install
szabo.zsolt
Explorer

I have the same issue, I've updated the BIOS to the most recent version (20/01/2014) but it's still not fixing the problem. Is there anything else you could suggest that would help the situation? Thank you.