Join now - be part of our community!

SONY VAIO VGN-NR - REALPLAYER AND QUICKTIME NOT PLAYING

azabs24
Visitor

SONY VAIO VGN-NR - REALPLAYER AND QUICKTIME NOT PLAYING

Hi - I'd appreciate any help you can give.

I can no longer seem to access websites which have Realplayer or Quicktime videos running. I used to be able to just go to a site and if there was a Realplayer/QT video in it, it would play.

I can access BBC website and play videos, also on Youtube without any problems. I have uninstalled both Quicktime and RealPlayer numerous times now, but no success. When I go to a page which has a Realplayer video embedded, nothing shows. If I right-click my mouse, it says download to Realplayer, which still doesn't work. When I go to the Apple website to watch movie trailers, I can no longer view these.

But the weird thing is that if I go the Real webiste, I can watch their videos on the site. Just not when it's in another site.

I believe a video driver may be missing, or some sort of plug-in, which is preventing embedded videos in a website from playing. I can play Windows Media Player fine. Unfortunately, I did not create a Recovery disc when I purchased the laptop and I am confused on which drivers may fix the problem if at all. For example, on the Totalfilm.com webpage, there was a video clip under the text. But all I could see was a blank space. The video is there, but I cannot see it. I have Kapersky security, but don't believe this is causing a problem. Any suggestions? This is really bugging me!

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.en_GB.title
markj1993
Visitor

Hi azabz just wondering whether you had sucess with the recovery? :slight_smile:

Hope you get it sorted soon Mark.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Excellent - thanks for the confirmation.

You're welcome azabs24.. :four_leaf_clover: