Join now - be part of our community!

XL302 WINDVD BD unable to amend sound options e.g. 5.1 set up,

pbh73
Visitor

XL302 WINDVD BD unable to amend sound options e.g. 5.1 set up,

Hi All,

I'm just about there with configuring my new machine (3rd unit - another story!!) and I cannot get to grips with the Blu-Ray player controls.

My soundcard is functioning normally and has been configured for DTS and Dolby 5.1, this is picked up by my Sony Cinema system when using other apps and the media center TV functionality.

When I use the INTERVIDEO WINDVD BD FOR VAIO application to play back Blu-ray discs, it is ordinary PCM and seems to bypass the sound card. I am unable to amend the settings from within the WINDVD app, they are greyed out, so no option to select HDMI, no option to select 5.1 or DTS - these are greyed out.

I've downloaded the latest patches from VAIO support but still not changed.

Please can anyone suggest a way forward? Is the version supplied/bunded with the 302 limited in it's functionality.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks, Paul

4 REPLIES 4
jfk-a
Visitor

I have exactly the same problem. Help is urgently needed!

Thank you.

yons
Visitor

This should help. Open Media Centre> Tasks> Settings> General> Windows Media Centre Set Up> Set Up Your Speakers> Speaker Set Up>........... and it should all be easy from there. Good luck

baackterium
Visitor

Hi all,
I'm sorry to say that changing these didn't solve the problem... Any other suggestions??? I mean we are talking about this problem for 2 years now; there should be some kind of a fix, shouldn't there???

ocommane
Visitor

You say "My soundcard is functioning normally and has been configured for DTS and Dolby 5.1" - is this the built in soundcard? How did you configure it? I have the XL302 and cannot get it to set up 5.1. If I go to sound through the control panel the configure option is greyed out. If I try to configure through media centre it tells me the 5.1 codec is missing