Join now - be part of our community!

MYCLUBVAIO TROUBLE

dieghino77
Visitor

MYCLUBVAIO TROUBLE

Hi all,
when i click on myclubvaio icon on desktop a popup opens but nothing happens... it just shows a blank popup! what's wrong with it?!? some plug-in not working???

16 REPLIES 16
abercellini
Visitor

Hi Thalamus,

Thx u. I´ve done this but the problem still seems to be the same. I followed someone´s steps in a past post and I deleted the .exe I think. So now everytime I open scheduled tasks a pop-up comes up saying (in german) that there is a failure in "MCVsurveyreminder4" and also a mistake in the Names Account?

Anyway after OKing all the pop-ups I get to active tasks screen and there is no task named MCV, or MyClubVaio..

The fact that is in German doesn´t help at all I guess.

I´ll keep searching for a solution. Thank you!
Andres

MattWilson
Visitor

Try this .

:slight_smile:

scrumpyjack1
Visitor

Hi,
Recently purchased the laptop and am somewhat dissapointed with the problem with Club Vaio. I am expeiencing exactly the same problems as described in this thread, I have downloaded and installed the patch at the link, this however did not rectify the problem. I would be grateful for any help.

Regards Scrumpyjack

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi scrumpyjack1

welcome to Club Vaio.. :slight_smile:

You should be able to stop My Club Vaio.exe from starting if you go to start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools > Task Scheduler..

In task scheduler you should have three windows, Overview of Task Scheduler, then below this Task Status and finally at the bottom Active tasks..

In task scheduler go to the bottom section of the centre column (called active tasks)

Double click LaunchMCV and in the new window select delete...

scrumpyjack1
Visitor

Hi Thalimus,
Thanks for responding to my question. I did not provide sufficient detail. When I try to get onto vaio the screen opens but when I click to open the system locks up, eventually i get the message "club vaio not responding". I also get an error message "Access violation at address 0066dc75 in module SynchApp.exe. Read of address 00000000.
I have a VGN-AR41E.
I have tried the various downloads but have not had any success, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Scrumpjack1

scrumpyjack1
Visitor

Hi Thalimus,
Thanks for responding to my question. I did not provide sufficient detail. When I try to get onto vaio the screen opens but when I click to open the system locks up, eventually i get the message "club vaio not responding". I also get an error message "Access violation at address 0066dc75 in module SynchApp.exe. Read of address 00000000.
I have a VGN-AR41E.
I have tried the various downloads but have not had any success, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Scrumpjack1

Hi Thalamus,
Found the vaio patch at http://club.vaio.sony.co.uk/clubvaio/gb/en/myclubvaio/patch/, I followed the instructions but it did not cure the problem, still getting pop up message saying "My Club Vaio (Not responding)". Any ideas please help.

Regards Scrumpyjack

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi scrumpyjack1,

Unfortunately, as we have seen before in the past, the only way to resolve the problem would be to run the Vaio recovery utility and restore your Vaio back to the original factory settings..

However this may be an unnecessary task if, like me, you find you don't use the My Club Vaio program anyway.. :wink: