Join now - be part of our community!

My AV Mode button starts Windows.

Rentovsky
Visitor

My AV Mode button starts Windows.

Hello,
I Recently Purchased the VAIO FZ21Z and when I press the AV Mode button, it starts Windows.
Whenever I want to see a movie or listen to music will I have to start Windows?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Rentovsky and welcome.

Yes, the AV mode on European Vaio FZ-Series models only works from within Windows. It just lets you select which player to use for different media.

The FZ-Series in the USA has the InstantON AV Mode which allows you to use the Vaio as a player without having to start Windows.

In Europe, only the CR-Series and the TZ-Series have the InstantON AV Mode installed.

:slight_frown:

Rentovsky
Visitor

Hi Rentovsky and welcome.

Yes, the AV mode on European Vaio FZ-Series models only works from within Windows. It just lets you select which player to use for different media.

The FZ-Series in the USA has the InstantON AV Mode which allows you to use the Vaio as a player without having to start Windows.

In Europe, only the CR-Series and the TZ-Series have the InstantON AV Mode installed.

:slight_frown:

Ok... Thankx for your answer.
But do you know if there is any way to install the instantON AV Mode? Any BIOS update, VAIO update or a patch, something like that?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I have no idea what the hardware configuration needed is. I think the Vaio has to boot into LinDVD (a cut down version of Linux that boots from a small ROM chip in 10 seconds). If it is just software, you just need to buy the program. But if you need a Read-Only Memory chip installed, it is going to be more complex.

Have a look at the InterVideo InstantON user manual here: -

http://www.prestigio.com.hr/manuals/Notes/Nobile1590W/InstantOn_eng.pdf

:thinking: