Jetzt anmelden und Teil der Community werden!

Making Recovery Discs for FW31J

charlier51
Besucher

Making Recovery Discs for FW31J

I have just purchased a FW31J and as recommended tried to make recovery discs using the Recovery Center.I am using DVD+R discs. The program has completed rescue discs 1 and 2 but when completing disc 3 I get a Runtime error from Microsoft Visual C++.

Program:C\Program Files\sony\VAIO Recovery\VAIO Recv.exe

This application has requested Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.Please contact the applications support team for more information.

I then click OK and the program closes but does not eject the disc nor will the manual release work. I have tried 3 or 4 times with the same results.

Anyone any ideas on how to proceed?

Many thanks

2 ANTWORTEN 2
skykit84
Neues Mitglied

I can't for the life of me remember how this was fixed, but I DO remember this nightmare!

How are you manually trying to release the cd? You do need a rather long paperclip rather than using a staple and sometimes you may need to push a bit more than you would but not that much at the same time.

I def. remember this happening on my own Sony - I remember having to use a paperclip as the staple would not work and once rebooted, tried a different media and it worked fine.
But I am almost 99% sure it was not media that caused it to crash but more so the buggy software

charlier51
Besucher

Many thanks for your response. I managed to get the disc out by starting the process over again , the software ejected the disc and asked for a blank to be inserted. I have tried this 4/5 times always with the same result.
Do you think that changing to a different type of disc will help or is it a software problem?
Hope you have some ideas!