Join now - be part of our community!

HELP: Recovery discs for VGN S2XP purchased in UK

ECRossi
Visitor

HELP: Recovery discs for VGN S2XP purchased in UK

Who has the recovery discs of a VAIO VGN S2XP (model PCG-6D1M) purchased in UK in 2004-2005?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ECRossi,

welcome to Club VAIO.. :slight_smile:

You should be able to purchase a set of recovery disc's by contacting Sony Vaio support, you can do this either by phone or via e-Support, use the following link to find the contact details: Sony Vaio Support

ECRossi
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Many thanks.
I sent an e-mail to the support yesterday, however they will reply only on monday.
I am anxious. I was wondering if there is an alternative for the case they don't have the recovery discs.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi ECRossi,

do you still have the original Sony supplied XP operating system on your Vaio, if so have you tried creating a set of recovery disc's using the Vaio recovery utility.?

Also your Vaio has a hidden HDD recovery partition so as long as it has not been deleted you should be able to recover your Vaio back to the original installed OS and programs just as it was when you first used your Vaio.

To do this Start your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo screen press F10 repeatedly this normally would start the recovery process..

ECRossi
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

Thanks again.

The situation is:

1) the original HD presented a FATAL ERROR and I transformed it in an external HD. I guess that I may need files that are in the original HD and I didn't get permission to copy them.

2) I bought another HD (identical to the original specification) and installed it on my notebook.

3a) Do you think I will be sucessfull recovering my new HD back to the original installed OS and programs through the hidden HDD partition that is now in an external HD connected to the notebook through an USB port?

3b) Is it possible that when pressing F10 I will recovery the external HD connected to the notebook through an USB port instead of the new HD?

What do you recommend?

ECRossi
Visitor

Hi Thalamus

this is reply 2 for your last reply.

1) Unfortunately, I never created a set of recovery disc's using the Vaio recovery utility.

2) The package of my S2 XP contained a set VAIO Recovery Disc for Sony VGN-S1 Series. I realized this only last Friday, when I would use the set of recovery discs for the first time. Instead of opening the recovery wizard, it was showed a text box with a message of wrong disc .