Join now - be part of our community!

Hard Drive type for VGN-TT4

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
grkelly19
Visitor

Hard Drive type for VGN-TT4

I want to upgrade my HDD on my Vaio VGN-TT4.  What size is the hard drive in the TT4 - is it a 2.5inch unit, or something else?

Thanks for any help that anybody can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi grkelly19 and welcome.

The TT-Series Vaios use a smaller 1.8" SATA hard drive - like the one in an iPod.

Go to Device Manager and find your hard disc type - it will probably be a Toshiba and something like a MK1216GSG.

Google the actual model drive you have for its specifications.

These minature drives used to be very expensive and limited in size but I think you can get 320GB drives now - at a price!  I think the 320GB Toshiba MK3233GSG costs nearly £300.

SSDs are also available in this size now and because of the high price of the mechanical drives, offer quite good value.

Check the new drive has the same connector as there is more than one interface for these minature drives.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi grkelly19 and welcome.

The TT-Series Vaios use a smaller 1.8" SATA hard drive - like the one in an iPod.

Go to Device Manager and find your hard disc type - it will probably be a Toshiba and something like a MK1216GSG.

Google the actual model drive you have for its specifications.

These minature drives used to be very expensive and limited in size but I think you can get 320GB drives now - at a price!  I think the 320GB Toshiba MK3233GSG costs nearly £300.

SSDs are also available in this size now and because of the high price of the mechanical drives, offer quite good value.

Check the new drive has the same connector as there is more than one interface for these minature drives.

:thinking:

grkelly19
Visitor

Thanks very much for this info.  I suspected as such.

I'm an engineer and happy to open things up - is the TT4 opening simply a removal of screws on the base?

G

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert
grkelly19
Visitor

Thanks again.  I'll brush up on my Japanese!!

Looks quite straightforward, even if a little lengthy.  No worries - I'll have a go.

All for now.  Thanks again - it's appreciated.

G