Join now - be part of our community!

Will the nx713 ever get a web browser?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
TrueEagle
Visitor

Will the nx713 ever get a web browser?

Simple question. All I want to know is if the 46nx713 will ever have a web browser to do simple web browsing. I know that Sony are constantly trying to improve the TVs, I heard about an Opera browser and wondered if this will be rolled across all Sony smart TVs.

It's a new TV I only purchased it 1 month ago, so surely there must be a way for it to run a web browser

TE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Unfortunately not - the 713 was a late 2010 model, and the entire platform was changed for 2011 devices which regretably meant there was no backward compatibility for Opera browser.

Frankly, I would try out surfing the web using a remote control in your local Sony Centre first as its very different from using a laptop or tablet. I'm not a big fan myself...

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi

Unfortunately not - the 713 was a late 2010 model, and the entire platform was changed for 2011 devices which regretably meant there was no backward compatibility for Opera browser.

Frankly, I would try out surfing the web using a remote control in your local Sony Centre first as its very different from using a laptop or tablet. I'm not a big fan myself...

Thanks