Join now - be part of our community!

watching blu rays on bravia

profile.country.en_GB.title
atlanticc
Visitor

watching blu rays on bravia

I find that  I get a less grainy blu ray picture by using the games scene setting on my  Bravia KDL40EX503 TV.

does anyone know how to reduce or eliminate the yellowness of the theatre setting?

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

I'd take it off the games setting and manually calibrate the set. The chaps over at AVforums have pages and pages of settings on best calibration techniques for specific TV's so see what they say there I guess. Bottom line is its personal preference rather than a black & white right or wrong answer.

cheers

atlanticc
Visitor

Thanks for the advice. I have been reading the AV Forum and in a review of the bravia it mentioned the yellow skin colours on the cinema setting and recommended a gamma output of 2.2 which can be gained or nearly gained through the use of the white balance controls. However , i have found that whatever the setting the cinema scene is duller in colour and brightness than the other settings.

I use the standard scene for all viewing except for blu rays when I use the games setting. In another review it recommends that bluray output be set to 2.2 gamma to reduce or eliminate horizontal colour bleed which is prevalent on most. preset  Bravia scene settings  for bluray( which are set at 2.4 gamma ). The exception is the games setting which is preset for blu ray at 2.2 gamma.and so gives the best blu ray picture if you are unable to alter the bluray gamma output which I have been unable to do.