Join now - be part of our community!

TV keeps turning off and on 37p3020.

profile.country.en_GB.title
chalky1972
Visitor

TV keeps turning off and on 37p3020.

I have a 37p3020 that has now started to turn it self off and on all the time while trying to watch tv.

Thought it was my PS3 at frist but it is now doing it when watching Sky.

Does not do it some times but other times its non stop.

I have heard that this maybe a common problem with these. I did not bother with the exetended warrenty as i though Sony was a very good make.

Can any one help on this matter. before i go and buy something else.

2 REPLIES 2
Muttley
Visitor

I had the same problem about 6 months ago.  The TV was out of warranty so I had it looked at.  The problem was the power supply section, so I had it repaired as I like the TV, and didn't want to get a new one.

Unfortunately, it has just started doing it again.  Last night it was really bad, but tonight it seems fine again.  Last time though, it did get progressively worse until it was unwatchable.  I am not willing to fork out for another repair, so I am about to buy a new TV.

I intend to complain to Sony as I did not expect the TV to last such a short amount of time for the price.  I normally associate Sony with quality, but in this instance I am very disappointed.  Suffice to say, I am not buying a Sony as a replacement.

I have only just found your post, so I apologise if this info finds you too late.

Message was edited by: Muttley

kmamtee
Visitor

Yes i too have the same fault tv was repaired. engineer said it was power unit but now it gone again. If i unplug it for a min it works but if i turn it of and on again at power button it starts again, i would not buy another sony ever again, this problem seems be common.