Join now - be part of our community!

Sync between telly and DVD player

SOLVED
Archaepon
Explorer

Sync between telly and DVD player

Hi all, I have a KDL-42W829B telly and a BDP-5200 dvd player. They will not sync so that when then player is turned on it does not auto select the HDMI input. I have to select this manually. I have tried the auto detect menu and this says 'No devices found'. It seems retrograde to have to do this as scart sockets auto selected the input. Am I doing something wrong?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, next thing to try is.

1. Turn TV off from the wall plug
  2. Plug HDMI cable into another port on the TV
  3. Turn TV on again
  4. If still not detected, got to the TVs HDMI settings and choose "Enable" to send signal to devices.

Hopefully this resolves it.  If not, factory reset the TV - long shot, but Ive seen it work.

Cheers

View solution in original post

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I've seen Humax (and sky boxes) reported as interrupting CEC communication (Bravia sync and Viera link are brand name for HDMI CEC). With Vieralink (and other brand like Sammy/LG) it should work but you will not find any manufacturer that guarantee interoperation....

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI

If you have an old HDMI cable, ensure that it meets the HDMI 1.4 standard. 

Ensure Bravia Sync is activated on both devices.

Cheers

Archaepon
Explorer

Thanks for the reply. All my cables are new, July last year, supplied with the telly by the seller: Sevenoaks Hi-Fi. I have enabled sync on both devices and it still reads 'No device found' when I enable the detect. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, next thing to try is.

1. Turn TV off from the wall plug
  2. Plug HDMI cable into another port on the TV
  3. Turn TV on again
  4. If still not detected, got to the TVs HDMI settings and choose "Enable" to send signal to devices.

Hopefully this resolves it.  If not, factory reset the TV - long shot, but Ive seen it work.

Cheers

Archaepon
Explorer

Hi, Thanks for the kind reply! I tried the sync again one device at a time. It recognises the Sony DVD instantly and allows that sync menu to come up. Solved in that aspect!

However, when I put my Humax HDR-2000T in to another (spare) HDMI then sync again the remote will not select the device (Sony DVD) automatically and greys out part of the sync menu. It does 'see' the Humax either. Eeek! It seems that the Humax is interrupting the auto signal to the DVD. Any ideas? Will a Panasonic *rude word on here* Viera link PVR work? I see that Sony regretfully no longer make PVRs (?). 

Archaepon
Explorer

Meant to say that the Humax is NOT 'seen' by the sync but the DVD IS seen. When the Humax is connected it 'greys out' part of the sync menu and disallows the command to change the input and go straight into the DVD main menu as it did before connecting the Humax via an HDMI. Apologies for the confusion.

Archaepon
Explorer

I have posted an update after trying your solution. Any comments on this situation?  I appreciate your help and input; there may be no solution. I will also contact Humax.

Archaepon
Explorer

I have posted an update after trying your solution. Any comments on this situation?  I appreciate your help and input; there may be no solution. I will also contact Humax.

Tags (1)
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

I've seen Humax (and sky boxes) reported as interrupting CEC communication (Bravia sync and Viera link are brand name for HDMI CEC). With Vieralink (and other brand like Sammy/LG) it should work but you will not find any manufacturer that guarantee interoperation....

Archaepon
Explorer

Thanks for the reply Roobb. I thought as much, Shame that Sony don't make a PVR and all would be well! I will unplug the Humax when I view DVDs, a bit retrograde for 2015! Ne'er mind.