Join now - be part of our community!

Sound issue on Bravia 40" TV

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
losinj
New

Sound issue on Bravia 40" TV

Hi,

I recently upgraded my LCD TV to a Bravia KDL-40EX43B with built-in Blu-ray.  Coming from the speakers is a strange buzzing noise unlike normal mains hum, even when mute is activated, which I find intrusive on low volume settings (as necessitated by living in a flat, especially after dark).  The supplier gave me a replacement but it is just the same.  Has anyone else had this on EX (or other) series Sony TVs and got it fixed?  My previous Toshiba was fine in this respect.

I'm reluctant to lose this TV because it's features are just what I was looking for, but when it makes more background noise than the whole of my home cinema system it's something that needs sorting.

12 REPLIES 12
profile.country.GB.title
losinj
New

Glad your problem's sorted.

The issue on my 40EX43B could be different, because the noise definitely sounds to be coming from each speaker when I put my ear close to them, and not from a single location on a circuit board in the back of the tv.  When mute is on I can even hear it above the whirring of the disc in tv!  I can also hear a faint buzzing coming from within the tv, but it doesn't bother me at my normal listening distance.

profile.country.en_GB.title
shgreen30
Explorer

I've also got a noise coming from my 32EX503. It sounds like a cross between a rapid heart beat and a pitter-patter noise. Quite annoying and can be heard above the sound of the TV and even when on mute.

profile.country.en_GB.title
lij3408
Visitor

Hi

Did you get the issues resolved with the 37 ex503tv?  I've logged a call this morning with John Lewis about a fault with our TV - I note your engineer comment, just keen to know how you got on

thanks

Phil