Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Media Remote working, now not working!

profile.country.en_GB.title
Harty50
Visitor

Sony Media Remote working, now not working!

Downloaded Sony Media Remote to my Android smartphone and connected it successfully to my KDL-32EX524 - fantastic bit of software and it worked faultlessly last night.

Today, I just can't get it to work!  Sooo frustrating.  Have uninstall the app from my phone and removed the Device Profile in the Renderer/Device menu on the Bravia.

Reinstallation just doesn't get the tv recognised, both the phone and the tv are on the same home network - if anyone can suggest something to get this working I'd be eternally grateful.:smileyhappy:

4 REPLIES 4
jasyk34
Visitor

Harty50, I was having issues with getting it to work up until Monday or Tuesday of this week on my KDL-40CX523. That was until my TV had a software update on Tuesday and the issue seemed to be resolved. I dont know if there was an update to the media remote software or not in the update but now the media remote works perfectly for me.

I just checked the media remote this minute and it works without an issue for me.  Would there have been a software update from the time you turned your TV off last night and turned it on today ??

Harty50
Visitor

Thanks and you raise a good point - sadly I did the software update as soon as I got the tv and have tried a check, but the software is now fully up to date.  So I might try a factory reset and try again.

If anyone else has ideas I'd be glad to hear from you. :slight_smile:

Harty50
Visitor

Well folks, issued solved!

Factory reset of my phone and the tv and firmware update on the wireless access point and Media Remote app now works on all 3 of the Android phones in the household.

Totally bizarre, but clearly some type of software issue, wiping everything did the job clearly.

kenny72bufc
Visitor

I cannot seem to get this working at all.  I have a 46EX723 Bravia with a wired internet connection.  I have an Android smartphone (Samsung galaxy s2) but the app keeps telling me "An unregistered device was not found".

I suppose I could try a factory reset for the Bravia but having recently tweaked my settings I'm loathe to and am worried about messing things up lol

Help!!!!!!!!!!!