Join now - be part of our community!

Picture on Bravia KDL-42W706

SOLVED
helmar189
Explorer

Picture on Bravia KDL-42W706

Has anyone experienced a pattern of large block effect paterns when changing from one input source to another, it is as though picture is being changed in slow time. Only had TV two weeks and not sure if this is normal or if it is a fault. Any observations would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
helmar189
Explorer

Update, reference problem with picture. I have now experienced more mosaic / blocking intermittently to the picture and also loss of control of tv functions through the remote control ie freezing and startup on radio not television. Have now spoken to my retailer and they think the set has a processor or a panel fault and they are replacing the television, so hopefully a good result.

Thanks for input.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Not seen or heard anything like what you have described.  However are you able to provide a picture, as it may give a few more clues on whats going on?

Cheers

helmar189
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

Thanks for your reply, I will attempt to capture a picture but this does not happen everytime I change input source so it wont be easy to capture. In the couple of weeks I have had the TV it has happened three times. Everything else is well behaved and picture very good on HD and SD. A friend suggested it may be poor HDMI leads bundled together in a cable tidy causing interference, but I am not convinced that could be the reason.

Cheers.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Depending on what HDMI cables you have, but its always best to get the shielded ones.  Ever so often you will still get interferrence (I have experienced this) - of which a couple of Ferrite cores on the cables can help resolve issues too.

Cheers

helmar189
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus,

I am unsure of the pedigree of my HDMI cables so I have ordered Some triple shielded cables from a reputable source.

Strangely since posting my problem it has not happened again,

Thanks again for your input. Cheers.

helmar189
Explorer

Update, reference problem with picture. I have now experienced more mosaic / blocking intermittently to the picture and also loss of control of tv functions through the remote control ie freezing and startup on radio not television. Have now spoken to my retailer and they think the set has a processor or a panel fault and they are replacing the television, so hopefully a good result.

Thanks for input.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks helmar189 for the update.  A faulty TV it is then :slight_smile:

Hopefully your new one is perfect !

helmar189
Explorer

Hi Quinnicus, replacement TV received. Needs a lot of work to bring up to picture standard of the first set as that was exceptional straight from the box. Was just a shame it started to play up. This one seems to have blurred picture in HD and SD but I hope tweaking will rectify.

Thanks for your help with the first set.

Cheers.