Join now - be part of our community!

loss of channels on freeview

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
reidragon
Visitor

loss of channels on freeview

I have a Sony Bravia model KDL 32P3020 also a recorder RDR HXD995.

both items no longer have BBC 1/2/3 and News available saying channels no longer available.

All other channels seem to be available and all listed on both EPG's including the BBC's.

Any advice please.

Thanks  Andy

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
reidragon
Visitor

Just to report on latest situatuion.

I am very pleased to say that the new aerial has solved the problem all stations returned.

Also all stations returned on a small set I have in bedroom andt they were lost over a year ago !!

Many thanks for all the patient help :laughing:

Andy

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Bravia55HX

Hi,

welcome to th forum

have you tried a re tune on both items to see if that solves the problem?, the other thing is that has this happened since switchover to digital?, then it could be that you need a new ariel.

reidragon
Visitor

Hi and thanks for the welcome.

Yes I tried a retune on both, this loss seems to be very recent as far as I can tell.

Our full change over does not take place until next year, I am in Kent.

Unless of course the change over has happened without telling us.:smileyhappy:

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

ok re tune done and no effect, only leaves the aerial, its very unlikely both bits of kit have lost the channels, see if you can find a signal strength meter in your settings,

(some tv's can display signal strength and signal quality) if its high t wont be the aerial, but if its an old aerial and you want to stick to freeview i would certainly invest in a new digital one!,

oh, and check that the switchover in your area has not already happened, if it has not and your losing channels now you most certainly lose them all when it does!

reidragon
Visitor

Thanks again, The signal strength on other channels ie ITV all show high levels.

I will check my aerial anyway.

It is strange that both pieces should lose the same channels all BBC except for BBC 4 and CBeebies, Parliament.

The blue line comes up saying this 'channel number not available' on all lost channels and not listed in Epg.

I was hoping that someone from Sony may be able to tell me if any significant up-date had occured recently, software for instance.

I have checked with neighbours and friends and nobody else has problems so still loking.

It is a pity because I have never had a problem like this with both pices of equipment.

Bravia55HX

Hi,

understood, which makes it very unlikely to be the equipment and any update does not effect channels that way, if you check your aerial you may as well check cable for any breaks, if its roof mounted the cable may have rubbed or frayed, if all is sound only thing left to do is to re tune both.

one idea here is to do the tv separately ie plug the aerial straight in to the tv and do that first, then to the recorder,

good luck.

reidragon
Visitor

Many thanks, I have ordered a new aerial and will see what happens.

I am a little dubious because I have had excellent reception since digital began.

reidragon
Visitor

Just to report on latest situatuion.

I am very pleased to say that the new aerial has solved the problem all stations returned.

Also all stations returned on a small set I have in bedroom andt they were lost over a year ago !!

Many thanks for all the patient help :laughing:

Andy

Bravia55HX

Hi,

glad to have been of help mate, its usually the most forgotten piece is the Aerial!

Catmambo
Contributor

Agreed - FWIW, my Dad had a new one put up about 8 years ago and solved all the reception problems instantly!

Not sure on the stats, but so many aerials must be pretty old and the attached cabling being exposed to the elements can't do it any good over 10-20 year period...