Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia kdl40ex723 "Internet Access - Failed"

profile.country.en_GB.title
owen00101
Visitor

Bravia kdl40ex723 "Internet Access - Failed"

Hello,

I bought the a new Sony Bravia kdl40ex723 TV today and have been unable to connect it to the internet, if anyone could help it would be much appreciated.

Here are the details that may help:

Broadband provider: Virgin Media

Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1

DNS Local: 192.168.1.1

Have tried Virgins DNS servers 194.168.4.100 & 194.168.8.100

Have tried both auto and custom setups both to no avail.

Also checked the cable with my laptop and my laptop can connect to internet fine....

I am able to access Iplayer and play conent...

I can see PCs attatched to the network...

It doesn't make any sense.

Please help me . . .

Thankyou very much

Owen

Tags (3)
8 REPLIES 8
Bravia55HX

Hi,

your tv is wireless lan ready, which i assume you have the wireless dongle for, i dont have my new tv yet but believe you press the "HOME" button scroll to settings then network and you should find it there, furthermore i think you need to enter the virgin routers password for it to link with your tv.

or you could wait for Catmambo to come on and explain it better,

good luck.

owen00101
Visitor

Hi thanks for your post!!

The TV does not have wireless built in I am afraid. (I want to use wired for improved speed for streaming lovefilm etc)

I tried resetting my router and this has not worked.... Do i need to open ports on the router?

I have also tried inputting a virgin proxy server that I saw on another post... It didn't work.

Completely stuck Catmambo please help me!!!

Cheers

Owen

Catmambo
Contributor

Hiya..

Can you clarify as you mention in your first post that you can access iPlayer, do you mean on the TV or the PC?

The Virgin Proxy settings resolve the issue with iPlayer and how Virgin Media handles iPlayer traffic.

However the system is just plug and play, literally just connecting your device to your router and it will connect up  - can you clarify how you are connecting your device to  your router?

Thanks

Bravia55HX

Hi again,

i did not say that it has wireless built in i said it was wireless lan ready which means you have to purchase the Sony wireless dongle separately!, then it will work, so i was correct, however since you say you are going to use ethernet cable then thats probably best.

regards.

owen00101
Visitor

Hi thanks for replying!

Using my TV, I can watch material using the 'iplayer widget'

Obviously meaning that there is a connection to the internet...

However when I try check the connection it says "Internet Access - Failed".

'This means I cannot use the Opera web browser.

I am using a 1m ethernet cable straight from the TV into the router; that then plugs into the Virgin modem.

I thought it must be an issue with the DNS but I have tried all the possible servers and auto.

Thanks

Owen

sl805e
Visitor

Owen,

I've got exactly the same issue.

I think there is an issue with the Virgin Media broadband... my work laptop can't create a VPN... every employee with Virgin Media broadband has the same issue.

Pulling what little hair I have out.

If you make any progress please let me know.

Keith

profile.country.GB.title
pemarti66
Explorer

hello im pete .i have the same model tv .ihave 02 internet that works fine.my son has virgin media internet like you.i have tried to update his blueray player through his virgin media but it has never worked.it must be virgin

Bravia55HX

Hi,

Im on virgin media and have connected both my tv and blu ray player to my Netgear router/modem with no problem at all, and any updates are without a hitch.

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923

Message was edited by: Bravia55HX923