Join now - be part of our community!

Is content limited for certain Internet features?

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
Wigglemaster
Visitor

Is content limited for certain Internet features?

Hi Sony

I was looking at a number of shows on blip.tv and I realised that blip is part of the Internet content provided by my Sony TV. After searching for episodes from the show Day[9] Dailys (http://blip.tv/day9tv) I found nothing no matter how I searched.

Searching from the blip.tv homepage the result "funday" resulted on 47 hits, but on my TV no content could be found.

My question is therefore: is the Intenet content limited to a certain number of results (42 shows in blip.tv's case) or is it a problem with the search functionality?

/W

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Correct - its determined on what rights, in this case Blip.tv have. Rights are determined on a platform by platform basis by the copyright holders so it means in reality that a show won't always be on the connected TV service even if its on the PC service. Exactly the same for BBC, Youtube, Lovefilm, Channel 5 etc etc.

Not down to Sony and would very likely be the same for all CE manufacturers

Hope this clarifies things

Thanks

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

Correct - its determined on what rights, in this case Blip.tv have. Rights are determined on a platform by platform basis by the copyright holders so it means in reality that a show won't always be on the connected TV service even if its on the PC service. Exactly the same for BBC, Youtube, Lovefilm, Channel 5 etc etc.

Not down to Sony and would very likely be the same for all CE manufacturers

Hope this clarifies things

Thanks

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Wigglemaster
Visitor

Thank you for the clarification Catmambo.

I hope that things may change in the future, but for now I'll just have to use my computer :slight_smile:

/W