Join now - be part of our community!

I have two questions.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Ghanajoke
New

I have two questions.

I am trying to connect my laptop to the my tv. My laptop shows the tv as connected but the tv shows no devices. I went to wifi connection and nothing happened. Any suggestions?

My other questions is i connected an external hard drive thru usb to my tv. But when i tried to use is, it said cannot identify device. I was able to browse the HDD but i couldn't record on it or open some photos. It is not a sony hard disc.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Catmambo
Contributor

Can you expand a little bit on your first question as I'm not really sure what you are trying to do - connect the TV to the Laptop whill simply allow you to replicate the laptop screen - you can't share a web connection over HDMI or VGA.

On your second question it very much depends on the model of TV and how you have the formatted the Hard Disc. I think it has to be Fat32 rather than NTFS, but the support documentation supplied will be will be able to clarify..

Thanks

Ghanajoke
New

Thanks for your reply. I have a Sone KdL-40ex524. Yes i was just trying to use the wifi to connect my laptop to the tv to be able to use the screen. I know i can connect it with a cable. Thanks again