Join now - be part of our community!

Force update Bravia KDL-32EX43B

Tiyamel
Explorer

Force update Bravia KDL-32EX43B

Hi, im struggling to update my tv, the firmware is out of date, but my tv just wont update itself, leaving it connected to internet doesn't work, i've been through several USB drives, even one sent to me from Sony Customer Support, all correctly formatted, all with right files in the right place, my tv recognises it has a USB, it also recognises it has firmware on the USB, it starts into update mode, the first screen where it says preparing for update, copying files from USB please wait... so i wait, and wait and wait and nothing, it stays on this screen until i pull the plug and remove USB and restart tv, turns on like nothing has happened.

I have had contact with customer support and they have been amazing, like i said, they sent me out another USB drive with the firmware installed on it already, and it does the same thing, resetting tv and trying again doesnt work, gets stuck at same old screen every time.

I've got to the point where i recognise its not going to work, and the tv has been resigned to the bedroom, it still functions fine as a tv, altho neither blu-ray or internet tv works, i just wanted to see if its just me with this problem or if anyone else has had same issue as google today is not my friend, i can't find any other mention of this problem.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI there

Am I assuming that you have followed the installation instructions EXACTLY from here:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/prd-tvhc/bravia-kdlex-firmware-update-v4118eub/KDL...

What software version does your TV show anyway? ( Home > Product Support > System Information)

Unsure on why the inbuilt bluray or internet does not work on the TV.  If you believe its a hardware issue, have you tried calling you local Sony Repair Centre from:
http://services.sony.co.uk/support/en/repair/asc

Cheers

Tiyamel
Explorer

Yes i have downloaded the firmware exactly as per website, and followed installation instructions,like i said i get to a black screen with Preparing To Update, copying files from USB Please Wait... also i have got a USB drive sent to me directly from Sony Customer Support with the correct firmware already on it, my current firmware is PKG4.114EUB-0108

It just seems to hang the system when it attempts to update.

Tiyamel
Explorer

WP_20140811_15_21_03_Pro.jpgthis is as far as it gets, will sit on this screen until i plug the plug from the wall, even left it overnight when i fell asleep waiting lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like my Dad - He falls asleep whilst watching TV.  Especially on BBC4.

Anyhow, I fully understand your problem now :slight_smile:  However, I dont think these forums will be able to resolve your problem though (well I cant anyhow).  My advice is to contact Sony Support again, or an authorised Sony Repair Centre (as above).

Im sorry to give you this news though - Although never seen this problem before !!  If you do find the problem, please post back, as I'd be interested in knowing.

Good Luck.

Tiyamel
Explorer

thanks anyway i wasn't holding my hopes for an answer, but rather just to see if it was just me or if anyone else had encountered this problem, i'll contact customer support again and see what they say, and yeah i'll post back as and when i get it either working or sent for repair.

For the record, I have exactly the same problem on the same model. Left the TV on all night in case it eventually finished, but alas no. The reason I'm trying to update the firmware is because the TV has started to develop a controller problem in that we can't change channels or use any functions unless we first turn the TV off/on from the plug, and I thought that updating the firmware would help resolve. It would seem then theat we probably have a circuit fault and that is preventing the firmware updating too.