Join now - be part of our community!

Do I send back my Sony Bravia EX32\26 TV?

profile.country.en_GB.title
GrandmaGilly
Visitor

Do I send back my Sony Bravia EX32\26 TV?

I have had this set for a week now and I just cannot make up my mind what to do.  Went to Sony as years ago it was the best one we had.

Wanted a 26" TV and saw this in the shop BUT viewed it face on and that was maybe where I went wrong.  I have to say we are not used to the latest type of TV's but have had a Phillips Flat LCD for must be over 5 years now and have been really happy with it.

Now we have it these are the issues -

1. If my husband sits looking at it direct it seems fine.  I sit slightly at an angle then 'darker' picture.  Update: After reading another post would it be described as 'blooming'.

2. The faces seem to be 'ghost' like hard to describe sometimes and more blur those in the background.

3. I can sit in my chair and think the outside picture looks like it might be about to rain.

4. We visited a shop yesterday and viewed several different makes alongside the Sony and I am afraid when standing at a slight angle the Sony was the first to look darker.

I have adjusted all the settings even setting the colour to Vivid, etc and in fact I am fed up with fiddling with the Settings.

I have looked on several customer reviews for this set and found two that said brilliant and two others have sent the set back.  I have now choined 'Which' trial to see their review and an earlier model is coming out with some of the faults I have described.  Unfortunately this set they have not yet reviewed.  It is the model that sits on two chrome supports.

I am so undecided as in many ways I feel the picture colour is sometimes really good but others I am fiddling with the adjustments.  So would appreciate any thoughts or comments.

By the way I did not buy this to play games, use for Internet, etc - size only and style.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Message was edited by: GrandmaGilly

0 REPLIES 0