Join now - be part of our community!

Demand 5 app

SOLVED
Archaepon
Explorer

Demand 5 app

Hello everyone, Can anyone help me out? I have tried the Demand 5 app on both my Sony smart telly and my blu-ray player (both bought last July). I cannot get either to show all content as I can see when I access the service via my laptop. I am trying to view Gotham, the new series as I forgot to record it. I tried a search on both devices searching for 'Gotham' in the app. In both cases it said 'Content not found'. Am I doing something wrong? I have updated the devices as the prompt comes up on screen so I believe I am up to date. I can search for Demand 5 and access Gotham via the internet app. but via the player and telly app for Demand 5 no joy. Any ideas? Or is the Demand 5 app limited to certain content?

Tags (1)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
garfield100

For curiosity, I just tried looking for Gotham in the Demand 5 app on both my 2014 W705B and 2011 EX723 Bravia TVs.  It cannot be found.  The Demand 5 app on the old EX723 has a totally different GUI btw.

But I can find Gotham using the Demand 5 app on the NowTV box.

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some programs are not available via smart tvs and devices.  This is a contents rights issue.

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200809971-Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-want-to-watch-

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.en_GB.title
garfield100

For curiosity, I just tried looking for Gotham in the Demand 5 app on both my 2014 W705B and 2011 EX723 Bravia TVs.  It cannot be found.  The Demand 5 app on the old EX723 has a totally different GUI btw.

But I can find Gotham using the Demand 5 app on the NowTV box.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Some programs are not available via smart tvs and devices.  This is a contents rights issue.

https://help.channel5.com/hc/en-gb/articles/200809971-Why-can-t-I-find-the-show-I-want-to-watch-

Archaepon
Explorer

Thanks for th replies and interest! I thought I was doing something wrong. I too got to the content rights as well. I thought it might be that issue. Naively I assumed that I was watching the same content as on their internet based site.  I can watch it via my laptop on their inernet site, so I'll put an HDMI through my telly and watch it that way. Thanks again Q! You star.