Join now - be part of our community!

Connecting TV to LAN KDL-40EX403

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
derekkjohnson
Visitor

Connecting TV to LAN KDL-40EX403

Not being network orientated and the manual not mentioning how to do it other than you have to have a cat 7 cable what do I do?

Can I connect straight from my router or do I have to connect direct form the computer?

What will it give me?
Will I get what I see on my computer screen or something else?

My computer gives me access to Internet TV via my virgin connection I presume, will I get that via the LAN?

Why isnt the LAN connection discussed in the Manual?

This is the only reference I can find in the manual:

10BASE-T/100BASE-TX connector (Depending on the operating environment of the network,
connection speed may differ. 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX communication rate and communication quality
are not guaranteed for this TV.)
* For LAN connections, use a Category 7 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX cable (not supplied).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

4 REPLIES 4
Catmambo
Contributor

Checkout this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-xnWGTWXE&feature=relmfu

Should make it a bit clearer

Bravia55HX

Hi Catmambo,

very useful video for those that are unsure, mines all wireless and the router sits on the AV stand right next to the blu ray player, i had considered wired set up as this would be better and the cables will not be seen, however heres my question- Cat 7 cables as recommended by Sony are expensive and as far as i can see only available from Korea (E-Bay), i have read the different specs on the cables from 5e, 6, and the 7 and would ask is the 7 really nessessary?, or can we use one of the others.

Catmambo
Contributor

I use Cat 5 with no problem at all..

cheers

derekkjohnson
Visitor

That video made everything clear thanks ever so much.