Join now - be part of our community!

Bravia 42W 706B Picture Quality.

helmar189
Explorer

Bravia 42W 706B Picture Quality.

Hi, can anyone assist with a picture quality problem I have.

I have just recently had this TV supplied as a replacement for the same model I purchased late January that was deemed to have a faulty panel/ processor. Unfortunately the replacement set is from the same batch (Dec 2014) and the serial no is just 30 digits later than the previously supplied faulty set.

On installing this TV I noticed that from the box the HD reception was blurred on some programmes and not others, but I believed I could probably make some adjustments to clear up the picture. I tried making the adjustments on scene select (general). I was unable to secure a quality picture above about 60% of the time. I have done a factory re set to no avail, I checked the signal inputs which were Strength 100%, Quality 100%. I am just baffled why the blurring seems to come and go. I did try the Sport scene select setting and this seemed to offer a slightly better picture clarity. I have noticed that when I press the information button the resolution 1080i and 1080p indication keeps fluctuating even on the same broadcast. The SD picture clarity is pretty poor all round.

I am seriously hoping that I can find a solution to this problem by adjustment only. I am really hoping I have not got another faulty set from a bad batch. Starting to have doubts to the benefits of this model.

Would be grateful if anyone has any ideas.

Helmar 189

14 REPLIES 14
profile.country.en_GB.title
garfield100

Can you check what firmware version is installed on the TV.

PKG2.291EUA was released last week.

PKG2.263EUA was the previous version.

Regarding the full pixel setting:

In Settings - Display - Screen <-- when tuned into Freeview HD or HDMI source.

Target input            current

Screen Format        full

Auto format            on

4.3 Default             wide zoom

Auto display           off         *

Display area           normal or Full Pixel  <---- Look here

helmar189
Explorer

Have found the full pixel setting and now activated. Senior moment :slight_smile:

PKG2 291EUA   installed last week.

Will have to tweak a few settings but the full pixel setting looks as though it has slightly sharpened the images, but darent say too much yet.

Thanks, will update later.

helmar189
Explorer

Hi, still getting a mixed bag of image clarity. Unfortunately have not had much chance to play around with settings today but will have a go tomorrow, if no better will leave alone for the retailers engineer 😞

Cheers.

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

@helmar189 Thanks for those answers :slight_smile:

If the Blu-Ray and DVD  display aren't up to scratch either then I think we can safely say the TV is faulty.

You really shouldn't have to mess around with it straight out of the box just to get a decent basic picture.

I do hope the engineer will arrange a swift exchange. :slight_smile:

helmar189
Explorer

Thanks again, I really hope a speedy remedy will follow the engineers visit.