Join now - be part of our community!

Another software update without being notified

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
biggerdave
Visitor

Another software update without being notified

Again I ask the question; why did I register my product if I'm not automatically notified of software updates?

I just happened to be browing and found there was a further software update 20/06/11.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - i don't think the mysony registration system is designed to prompt you for new firmware updates unfortunately. If your TV is connected permanently to the web, it will normally automatically update the TV or if you have a 2011 model or Blu-ray player, you can manually check for firmware directly from the device.

Thanks

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Catmambo
Contributor

Hi - i don't think the mysony registration system is designed to prompt you for new firmware updates unfortunately. If your TV is connected permanently to the web, it will normally automatically update the TV or if you have a 2011 model or Blu-ray player, you can manually check for firmware directly from the device.

Thanks

biggerdave
Visitor

I know it doesn't, hence my gripe/moan/question; "why the hell not?"

ollie101
Visitor

It would be nice if they could inform you what the update does with some kind of release note...

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

It would be nice if they could inform you what the update does with some kind of release note... 

This information is normally available on the Sony support in the download section for your Bravia model..

I'm guessing that you've figured that out now  - KDLEX724 update 14/6/2011

ollie101
Visitor

Yeah it is but the site takes roughly a week to update, so its just bothersome that I have to accept the update blind.