Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
Danial-mach1
Leader

Please post link of that photo..it will not appear untill mod users approveit..

Check your location based Wi-Fi is off

22alias
Visitor

300 mb free of ram is very low, i cant use multi tasking because of low ram space
martinmrmus
Contributor

i hope someone except formum members read this and fix these stuffs. but i doubt.

alb8
Visitor

Mine goes down further... Having in mind I only use few downloaded apps - Whatsapp, FB, viber.. no antivirus, no task killers etc..Screenshot_2014-03-11-14-31-19.png

Goldenbear
Visitor

Can you show the cached processes? I have stopped many of the obviously unnecessary apps running as cached processes, and with a lot more apps running I stll have 286mb free.
martinmrmus
Contributor

I have stopped (turn off) 53 apps and parts of apps and free ram is about 200 mb. it's too low to have open fb and browser at the same time (just example) 

Danial-mach1
Leader

@alb8 its very strange..its very low..did you tried factory reset or sw repair??

i have 250mg free at all..with out closing unneeded apps..after closing the i can have about 350-400mg free

alb8
Visitor

Thanks Danial-mach1:

Plus I keep closing recent apps...

Strange indeed.. Well If restarted - the free mem goes up to 200-250MB, but soon (having the phone just at standby) larger amout of it diminishes again..

It does not give negative effect so, like I told you in another thread, I would wait to see what happens with the bug fixing update (hope it comes soon).

Honestly I got tired of SW repairs in the beginning, never did factory reset though, but if I do - I will lose all accounts PWs/setings, will have to reactivate Whatsapp and Viber etc, right?

Danial-mach1
Leader

yes you told me..i forgot that! Winking_Face

yes if you do factory reset all thing in internall storage will gone..apps,media,anything

what apps you have on your phone?

alb8
Visitor

A really decent selection of apps: Viber, Whatsapp, TrackID, Pixlr Express, FB, Flashlight, OfficeSuite, RealCalc THATS IT.. Most of them came preinstalled.. No games (or occasionally, not at the moment), nothing else.. In addition - a long list of disabled apps..

FYI I only have 780MB used on the internal mem.. Can you imagine?!

Hope someone from Sony Staff reads this..

@Goldenbear: this IS the top screen of cached processes. The bottom adds only Xperia Home, Media, Google Play services, Devices and Xperia keyboard. This is all!

@martinmrmus: stopping apps is only for current session - they go on next time you restart; disabling is more 'permamnent' - until you unable them back. But probably you know this already