Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

SOLVED
vazza
Visitor

Xperia SP INCREDIBLY slow after new update

I updated my SP like normal, and as soon as it booted, it is so much slower than it was before, can someone please help me to fix this, or help me return it back to the older version of android, where it was fine?

Thanks in advance.

244 REPLIES 244
Danial-mach1
Leader

Its very odd but Im sure you can get rid of it by either software repair or factory

Cause I've done it

But I know you prefer to wait for new update.. How ever after that you must do one of above suggestions

Schulze
Visitor

> So darn awful slow after the update to 4.3 ... yesterday I couldn't even accept an incoming call because the

> screen wouldn't display it. Chrome just straight up crashes when started.

reset the phone and installed the update via SUS again. it got a little better (chrome works again). but overall still laggy and I still have problems accepting calls because the screen takes forever to display the call and let me accept it. no addational apps installed, even deinstalled some of the crapware that comes automatically whan installing/updating the firmware.

Congratulations Sony, now I have a smartphone that 'sometimes' can be used as a telephone.

JTLtd_
Visitor

Schulze

Exactly the same problem here..

My 'phone' can load a game, but it will stop responding when i try to open messenger/dialpad/contacts.

Repaired 3 times, factory reset before and after.

Goldenbear
Visitor

@alb8: pardon me, I dont see your cached process, what I meant was you need to click " show cached processes" on the top right corner of the screen to see the whole list of it.

Anyway I think the real culpit is the Android OS , which has implemented all sort of hidden services that gets added onto the phone without us knowing or agreeing to it. No matter how many times you reset to factory default it will keep coming back, at least thats with the battery drain issues that I have encountered until I disable Google Play Services and Google Play Store and a whole bunch of other services.

What SONY needs to do is to release a version that does not allows any intrusion by Google into our phone without our authorisation. All I want is to run a clean copy of the factory version permanently.

The fact is even when you disallow Google Apps to access your location, it is still collecting anonymius data to be sent to Google as long as location services is enabled.
martinmrmus
Contributor

@alb8 i know i have them freezed (probably i wrote that post wrong way)

martinmrmus
Contributor

What I don't understand is this:

When I had Xperia J with 512 mb ramI had  cca 

180 mb free. Now on Xperia SP with 1 gb of ram I have cca 200 mb free.

I am not gonna make next reinstallaing with sus, repairing with pcc or factory reset because it will not solve the problem. I have done it more then 5 times and ram problem still goes on.

prometej-zg
Contributor

But Xperia J's last firmware is Android 4.1, whereas Xperia SP uses Android 4.3, which uses more RAM by default.

It's not totally comparable situation.Most problems can be solved with SUS and factory reset afterwards, but increased RAM usage is one of Android 4.3 "features".

Do give few days phone to "settle down" after reinstall, it cannot "tune" itself instantly.

meitepoiss
Visitor

Hello.

Did all those resets and Sus, 2 times, but i dont think this is good. Ram usage is high.Screenshot_2014-03-13-00-34-04.pngScreenshot_2014-03-13-00-36-55.pngScreenshot_2014-03-13-00-33-42.png

meitepoiss
Visitor

Oh, and the phone settled few days after SUS, and reset. good thing is it wakes me up in morning. Slightly_smiling_Face

Tejinder
Visitor

Well no use of resetting for common issues rather these should be told to Sony to release update to cover these. I guess Sony is going to release one update sooner to cover most of the common issues. Let's see.