Join now - be part of our community!

wont connect to wifi

SOLVED
Not applicable

wont connect to wifi

hi there my x8 wont connect via wifi.......it used to ....when i connect now it connects via wap when im in the house,  all settings are correct on fhone  the wifi is turned on ect

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

If you see the Wi-Fi icon in the notification bar I believe that you are connected to the network, it sounds so as well since you cant select "connect to network".

I suggest you try to select "Forget network" and then try to reconnect to the router.

(You could also try to reboot both phone and router if this doesn't help)

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Annie
Contributor

Are you connected to another router or just the router at home? If you  have a password on the network, you can try removing it and  reconnecting.

Not applicable

hi...its via my home network router....on my wirless settings on phone it says connected via( jobloggs) and the box is ticked ok....when im in the house it connects via wap   for somreason..ie  wap.o2.com....instead of   wifi.o2 .com ect...if theres a wifi connection shouldnt it connect to that before wap??  ive tryed   password reset still same

Annie
Contributor

Yes it should. Go to the Wi-Fi settings and press and hold on the network that you wish to connect to and two options should appear, "Connect to network" and "Forget network", please select >Connect to network and let me know how it goes. Do you see the Wi-Fi notification in the status bar?

Not applicable

yep in status bar wifi notice is showing 4 bars...went to wifi settings only 2  options...forget network and change password

Johan
Master

If you see the Wi-Fi icon in the notification bar I believe that you are connected to the network, it sounds so as well since you cant select "connect to network".

I suggest you try to select "Forget network" and then try to reconnect to the router.

(You could also try to reboot both phone and router if this doesn't help)

Not applicable

must be connected...just downloaded a 4 min song on  tubemate app in aprox 9 seconds...carnt see that been  wap lol.....prob just saying wap.com instead of wifi.com for some reasons in adress bar..chears for help:smileyblush: