Join now - be part of our community!

Where Does My Credit Keep Going?

SOLVED
Not applicable

Where Does My Credit Keep Going?

I bopught a X10 MIni Pro last week - when I finally got it working I was quite pleased however, my credit is being used up at a rapid rate and I haven't done anything, can somebody please help.  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

OK in your Menu goto Settings>Wireless Controls>Mobile Settings and untick MMS & Data.  This should prevent your phone from connecting to the internet and using up data charges.

Have you set up an email account on the phone, or running Timescape/Facebook/Twitter because each time these connect you will be using data.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Dr_Chris
Champion

Sounds like data charges.

Not applicable

erm, please could you expand?  I haven't really used the phone for much apart from free calls to numbers and receiving calls, can you expand and help me stop this.  Thanks

Not applicable

people keep viewing - CAN SOMEBODY GIVE ME AN ANSWER???   HHHEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

Dr_Chris
Champion

http://talk.sonyericsson.com/message/13435#13435 Here's a link to a similar thread which will help explain your problem.

suze
Leader

OK in your Menu goto Settings>Wireless Controls>Mobile Settings and untick MMS & Data.  This should prevent your phone from connecting to the internet and using up data charges.

Have you set up an email account on the phone, or running Timescape/Facebook/Twitter because each time these connect you will be using data.

Not applicable

thank you suze, can't believe it does this!  I phoned O2 and they said I'd been on the internet at 1/4 to 3 this morning!  so let me get this right - if i allow it to send and receive data, it will charge me for not doing anything? somebody mentioned automatic phone updates every 15 mins or so??

Not applicable

I have turned it off now! maybe I need a data bolt on? as someone else said ina link that was posted