Join now - be part of our community!

Unwanted/glitchy screen rotation on Xperia P

SOLVED
reResd
Visitor

Unwanted/glitchy screen rotation on Xperia P

Xperia P Android version 4.0.4.
When I am on the homescreen or looking through my apps while lying on one side, the screen rotates and goes black(except for the notification bar). Seen here http://imgur.com/nnhOBao
My auto-rotate is OFF in Display settings. Haven't been getting this problem until today
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SophiaW
Enthusiast

Hi reResd, welcome to the community! 

That is a strange issue. Have you tried booting the phone in safe mode to see if the issue occurs then? If the issue doesn't occur in Safe Mode it is likely to be a third party app causing the problem - if that's the case you should go through your apps and clear the data for third party applications and/or delete apps that you don't use. If the problem persists in Safe mode - I then advise running a software repair on the handset to see if that resolves the issue. 

To enable Safe mode 
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press and hold down the power key until the phone vibrates.
3. Wait until the Xperia™ logotype disappears.
4. Press and hold the volume down key until the phone Safe mode appears.

To exit safe mode just power the phone off and then on normally. 

Let us know how this goes for you, I hope this helps Slightly_smiling_Face

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Thommo
Genius

Not sure why this would happen unless it only happens with a certain app or you have a custom launcher or you have installed an app which could be causing a conflict

SophiaW
Enthusiast

Hi reResd, welcome to the community! 

That is a strange issue. Have you tried booting the phone in safe mode to see if the issue occurs then? If the issue doesn't occur in Safe Mode it is likely to be a third party app causing the problem - if that's the case you should go through your apps and clear the data for third party applications and/or delete apps that you don't use. If the problem persists in Safe mode - I then advise running a software repair on the handset to see if that resolves the issue. 

To enable Safe mode 
1. Turn off the phone.
2. Press and hold down the power key until the phone vibrates.
3. Wait until the Xperia™ logotype disappears.
4. Press and hold the volume down key until the phone Safe mode appears.

To exit safe mode just power the phone off and then on normally. 

Let us know how this goes for you, I hope this helps Slightly_smiling_Face

reResd
Visitor

For some reason, uninstalling the latest version of Smart Connect did the trick. Very weird