Join now - be part of our community!

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

profile.country.RU.title
Gennadiy27
New

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

In general, such a problem ... gps enabled and is not run applications that use it all right, but once you launch any application that tries to determine the location of 30 seconds after the screen goes out and goes to the phone restarts ... anyone any ideas?

74 REPLIES 74
ben_q8
Visitor

Just wonder why everyone has same situation at same time! My ion rooted, installed xposed, was working fine till last month.... But while I use an applications (wechat, talkray, etc) those which makes my phone screen fade out and restarting the phone... Tried several times hard reset, and same result! Slightly_frowning_Face I think it's time to go for Z3+...
vudaucua
Visitor

It just happened with my phone too.

PADonIon
Visitor

I have been struggling with the same problem for two weeks. Any time an app uses GPS to find my location, the phone resets. I have found that if you open "location services"  in Settings, and uncheck the box for "GPS satellites" the phone will continue to work when using navigation apps. But of course then you cannot use GPS, so it is not an acceptable permanent fix. 

Samsonesau
Visitor

Hi,

If many are having same problem, it just cannot be all of us have done the same mistake together, it probably should be related to the software or the Hardware. Hope Sony can help us out.

Regards,

Samson

Tags (1)
Rivo
Visitor

Hello,Have the same problem.

I was using GPS very often,but saddnely my phone after enabling any gps software was rebooting.It started about 1 month ago,please any one help us to solve this issue,I dont want to but new phone!!!

dgenkov
Visitor

I have the same problem with my Xperia Ion. I tried update through PC Companion, Factory reset and after all when start an application which uses GPS the phone is restarted.

Any help is appreciated.

Benoit1
Visitor

Hi,

I have encountered the same problem with my Xperia Ion.

I may have discovered some kind of solution at least temporary: I have found that in flight mode, gps seems to work without re-booting the phone. So far I have made two attempts with two different applications, one lasting 10 minutes the second over 30 minutes. As soon as I quit the flight mode with the GPS in operation the effect is to reboot the device after 2 - 3 minutes in both cases.

Anyone wants to test ? Anyone with a complementary solution ? Feel free to provide feedback

Witamin
Visitor

I removed sim card and my ion run without crash with apps that runs with gps support.. In Flight mode was also good. I tried with my sim card and another gsm company's sim card while gps is on, it restarted again. I also replaced old sim card with new one. Nothing changed, apps that using gps crashes, phone freezes and restarts...
Guys this is Bond's cell phone, isn't it. I'm sure Bond would never buy that crap with problematic gps.... Sony, please little focus and afford. It musn't too hard to solve...
Samsonesau
Visitor

Hi,

Even I have tried to check the GPS with flight mode ON and my ION did not restart but the GPS is of little use with flight mode ON.

But atleast this proves one thing that, the Hardware is perfectly fine, the problem should just be a software one.

Hope Sony steps in, after all this is sony's forum right???

Regards,

Samson

Tags (2)
PradeepKanth
Visitor

I am using Sony Xperia Ion LT28h Android 4.1.2 Build:6.2.B.0.211, when GPS on the Phone automatically restaring, I am Repair in PC Companion, but same problem repeating, please give me suggestion, GPS is every important for me