Join now - be part of our community!

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

profile.country.RU.title
Gennadiy27
New

sony xperia ion restarts when the gps

In general, such a problem ... gps enabled and is not run applications that use it all right, but once you launch any application that tries to determine the location of 30 seconds after the screen goes out and goes to the phone restarts ... anyone any ideas?

74 REPLIES 74
neversonyagain8
Visitor

you delete all of the text and copy and paste what the previous poster wrote, but don't waste your time. it doesnt work

soulcrawler
Visitor

Sorry to hear is not working for you, it worked for me, my gps is working since I did that, you have to root your ion and edit your gps.conf file, just delete all the text in it and paste the text that is in my post, changing the servers to those of your region, I used  superSU and ES File Explorer to do that, hope it works for you.

EnkiB
Visitor

Thank's that fix the problem.  Here for a lon time without Sony updates (Argh !!)

A bit complicated to root and change file; cony should purpose the solution on site.

Sallam222
Visitor

hello,

i rooted my device.

how can i find the lines that need change?

goldchocobo
Visitor

Hello. I have tried both @soulcrawler and @Mezozoy methods and while both successfully kept my GPS working and seem like viable options. Neither resolved the rebooting issue. My phone reboots after about a minute of accessing GPS. I have rooted, gotten rid of excess apps, changed the gps.config file twice and still having the same problem. I may have to except hardware failure at this point but if anyone else has any ideas please let me know?