Join now - be part of our community!

SEUS

SOLVED
Not applicable

SEUS

What happens when att customers flash using Sony Ericsson Update Service?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
sushidushi
Contributor

Sony Ericsson can't do that because of their contracts / agreements with different carriers. If you choose to debrand the phone in order to install different software, that's entirely up to you...

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Not applicable

As long as you have an unbranded rom it would do the same thing it does for everyone else...install official SE firmware.

If you have an AT&T branded rom it won't do anything because there's no update available still.

Not applicable

Seriously Lightyear what does it do? Is there some kind of error message? It seems to me the device is turned off when you flash with SEUS

KrazyD
Contributor

Hello, Sony Ericsson Update Service will update your phone using branded firmware, the phone seems like it is switched off but it is on in a certain way, Flash Mode which allows the phone to be accessed for flashing firmware,

Not applicable

so... you're saying that SEUS can tell somehow that it's branded and no way to get global like I can with my unlocked and unbranded rom?

Not applicable

This whole thing about SE having a contract with ATT shouldn't be an issue after final sale and the device now belongs to someone. I don't get it. There would sure be less complaining around here if you could put an unlock/debrand option in SEUS

sushidushi
Contributor

Sony Ericsson can't do that because of their contracts / agreements with different carriers. If you choose to debrand the phone in order to install different software, that's entirely up to you...

Not applicable

So it's really some kind of legal problem? I just can't lend that much competence to att to even formulate a credible complaint if SE were to provide the option of unbranding and using Global. I been to a couple County fairs and a goat roping contest and ain't never seen nothing like this!

Not applicable

You'd be surprised how smart they are when they want to be sneaky and give their customers the shaft, bro.  I know you will remember you didn't have the option to install non-market apps until you debranded.  They will do anything they can to keep their customers on a leash.  But of course, you know this already, as well

Not applicable

You assume too much I am just now getting my biker pea brain around the whole problem. SE could sack up without publicity in my opinion and provide that option and I bet ATT could care less. Weren't you they one claiming ATT doesn't even sell the x10?