Join now - be part of our community!

Can not hear when making calls

SOLVED
Not applicable

Can not hear when making calls

I've just got the X10 mini and made my first call out yesterday which started well but after about 6mins I could not hear the person on the other end of the phone but they could hear me. I tried calling out again this morning and the same thing happened. The only way I can hear the other person is to have the phone on loud speaker. Does anyone know what I am doing wrong as it is driving me mad?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
suze
Leader

There is nothing more you can do at home.  Being a bit of a sceptic... perhaps it was an issue with the phone that caused the original owner to sell.  It may be worth going back to them with a query about it, not sure on the terms on Ebay as I have never bought electrical stuff on there.

You could contact the SE service centre in your region and ask for an estimate on repair. List of phone numbers for you....

http://www.sonyericsson.com/cws/corporate/common/contact/phonelist

The only other thing is to use it with a head set as previously suggested.

Sorry that I couldn't assist more.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
gwhispererz
Champion

Try calling any number (preferably your home number and let it ring), are you able to hear the ringing tone from the ear speaker?

Not applicable

Hi, just tried it and no I can not hear anything?
gwhispererz
Champion

Could be a faulty ear speaker?! Get it checked by the 'expert' at the shop where you bought the phone. Good luck.

Not applicable

Thanks, got it from ebay ahhhhhhhhh!
gwhispererz
Champion

Oh .... Either you get it repaired or use a earpiece (you can listen to your favourite songs while not calling) Winking_Face just make the best out of it if you do not wish to invest additional cost on it. Slightly_smiling_Face

Not applicable

Thanks for your help.
gwhispererz
Champion

Welcome. Who knows, maybe sound might come back? Electronic stuff go crazy at times!

suze
Leader

Just read through your thread and a couple of things occured to me.

Make a phone call whilst facing a mirror.... yeah I know but roll with it! Is the screen of the phone on or off.  I wonder if it has a dodgy proximity sensor and your cheek or ear is touching something on the live screen whereas the screen should go off when the proximity sensor is covered.

You can also check both the ear piece speaker and the proximity sensor on the test menu. 

First thing is how do you unlock the phone... do you press a hard ware button... if so you are on Android 1.6, so then don't press the button to unlock it, but press in order

Menu Back Back Menu

Back Menu Menu Back

If you unlock the phone by sliding across on screen then your are on Android 2.1 but same rule but different buttons! Don't swipe to unlock but press in order

Home Back Back Home

Back Home HOme Back

Either way you will get the option to select Service Tests and have a play with Earphone and Proximity Switch.

The other thing that sometimes sorts out weird issues is running a software repair/reset using either PC Companion or Sony Ericsson Update Service, they are both downloadable from the main website and the Support tab.  It will wipe your phone so make sure you have anything saved important like your numbers (you can sync them with google or SE sync) apps you can redownload afterwards from the Market.

Anyway, hope this 'quick' answer helps... sorry it turned into a bit of a epic!

Not applicable

Hi Suze,

Did the tests and nothing happens when testing the earphone? and the proximity switch test says it is turned off? I have also reinstalled the software but again it has not made any difference, have I really come to the end?