Join now - be part of our community!

SE PC Companion

SOLVED
Not applicable

SE PC Companion

First post so hope this is correct.

Whenever I turn on my laptop I get a message that Microsoft Outlook is not my default mail client and I have to close this before I can continue. My question is this, I do not have Microsoft Outlook set up and as I am still running Office 2000 I have no intentions of using it, is there anyway I can stop this message other than uninstalling PC Companion?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Johan
Master

The message you get is triggered by, when you start your PC PC Companion auto starts. When PC Companion starts it looks for programs to sync with, on your PC it finds MS Outlook. When it does MS Outlook triggers this message for you.

I know three several ways to get rid of this message.

Configure a dummy account in MS Outlook if you do not wish to use MS Outlook.

Or you can go to the control panel > add/ remove programs > select change for the Office package > Uncheck MS Outlook in the install guide.

Or you can Uninstall MS Outlook

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
an2ny79
Visitor

Office 2000 includes bunch of office applications (word, excel, access, etc..), one of these is Outlook..  It's not about PC Companion.

If you're not using any email client, just let MS Outlook as you default email appliation.. If you already using other party Email client (like Eudora, Thunderbird, etc), just click NO and uncheck "ALWAYS ASK ON STARTUP"

Not applicable

I have open Outlook and it give a screen Outlook 2000 start up I click next and I get a message box stating that Outlook is already configured on this machine do i want to use the same setting I click yes and get the opening box but every time i switch the computer back on I still get the same message. When I deleted PC Companion this message did not appear so I can only assume its tied up together.

I have never had this message before installing PC Companion, and I have no wish to use Microsoft Outlook for my e-mails anyway.

Johan
Master

The message you get is triggered by, when you start your PC PC Companion auto starts. When PC Companion starts it looks for programs to sync with, on your PC it finds MS Outlook. When it does MS Outlook triggers this message for you.

I know three several ways to get rid of this message.

Configure a dummy account in MS Outlook if you do not wish to use MS Outlook.

Or you can go to the control panel > add/ remove programs > select change for the Office package > Uncheck MS Outlook in the install guide.

Or you can Uninstall MS Outlook

Not applicable

Many thanks will  try this

Not applicable

How about his idea of uninstalling PC companion? That would seem to be a more straightforward fix.