Join now - be part of our community!

Help! Missing contacts

SOLVED
Not applicable

Help! Missing contacts

All but the last 3 numbers I added and my email address are left on my phone, I've got Android 2.1-upgrade1 (if that helps) my phone was ok til yesterday when I noticed my contacts are missing. I updated my phone recently as prompted and a couple of my contacts weren't there even though I followed the back-up procedure, now all of a sudden I can't find them also under "My Number" it says 'cannot read from SIM...'  hope someone can help me please but in laymans terms i'm not technically minded.  but saying that I've not made any other changes to my phone,

Thank you in advance

P.s

should also add that in my 'messages' peoples names and numbers are still there who aren't in my contacts list now

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You should sync your contacts to Google

go to your phonebook -> press MENU -> send contacts -> mark all -> send -> OK -> select Gmail -> fill out to/subject and send

on your computer, go to your gmail -> download the file -> now click on Contacts -> more actions -> click on Import -> browse for the file -> import -> make sure you select "Also add these imported contacts to: My Contacts"

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

You should sync your contacts to Google

go to your phonebook -> press MENU -> send contacts -> mark all -> send -> OK -> select Gmail -> fill out to/subject and send

on your computer, go to your gmail -> download the file -> now click on Contacts -> more actions -> click on Import -> browse for the file -> import -> make sure you select "Also add these imported contacts to: My Contacts"

Sam
Legend
Legend

The most common cause I have seen for this is when a filter has been placed on the contacts, try this:

Main menu > Phonebook > Press the icon in the top left corner that looks like three heads > Untick all boxes and exit back to Phonebook.

If it was a filter this should resolve the issue.

Not applicable

I have most of my contacts back now, thank you for the help
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

Glad you got it working again